Animated explainer videos are effective tools for attracting potential customers and informing them about the value that your products or services can provide. Granted, creating an informative, compelling, and professional-quality explainer video is not something that’s easily done, especially if you don’t have the experience and tools for it. Fortunately, you can have the perfect marketing video for your business by partnering with an established animated explainer video company.
When searching for an animated explainer video company to work with, make sure you work with professionals who understand your business needs.
Here are the qualities to look for:
The more experience an animated explainer video company has, the more efficient the video creation process will be, and the more likely that they’ll be able to create a video that you’ll be happy with. Vet their credentials by asking them the following questions:
- How long have they been in business?
- Have they done videos for companies similar to yours?
- Have they done videos that are similar in style to what you want?
- What do their customers say about them?
Start with past projects that the company has worked on. Based on the companies that have used their services, you can get an idea about their reputation.
2. Quality of Work
Looking at the animator’s previous projects online will give you an idea of what they’re capable of. Look for variety in their style. If all their videos look the same, then chances are, your video won’t be much different. Ask yourself the following questions as you look into their portfolio:
- Do the videos they produce represent the business or brand accurately?
- Are the illustrations appropriate and not just creative?
- Are the stories memorable?
- Did the video keep you interested and engaged the whole time?
- Do you understand the product better after watching the videos?
If a company’s or an animator’s portfolio fails to impress you, then you might want to look at other portfolios to find the one that gets you excited.
Communication is key to any successful project. After you’ve taken a look at their body of work, it’s time to schedule a consultation and learn more about their work processes. Begin the conversation by explaining why you need their services, then make the following observations:
- Is the company putting in the effort to understand your business better?
- Do they communicate well?
- After speaking with them, do you sense that they have a thorough understanding of your company and its goals?
- After consulting with them, were they able to give you a proposal and a video strategy based on your initial consultation?
During the initial consultation, ask the video company who, exactly, will be in direct contact with you throughout the project. Also ask how often they plan to update you on the project’s status. A good animation company will make it easy for you to communicate with them at any point during the video-making process.
Ask the video maker how many projects are they currently working on and how many they can handle at one time. This will enable you to better gauge whether or not they can give your video the time and focus it needs. Also, ask how long it will take. Although you’ll want your video done quickly, quicker isn’t always better. Other questions to ask about their process include:
- What kind of video strategy can you expect from the company?
- What will the production process be or look like?
- Are they open to editing the final product in case you need to tweak something?
- How do they handle delays?
Knowing how they go about completing their projects will help you determine if you’ll be comfortable working with them.
Pricing is subjective and varies with each animated explainer video company according to their size, setup, location, and experience. It is imperative that you know the exact price and estimated timeline for your project before you seal the deal. If budget is tight, ask which of their services will be included at various price points. Other questions to ask yourself before signing on the dotted line include:
- Does the value of the videos they produce match that of the price quoted?
- How does their price compare with that of their competitors?
- Are there better substitutes to what they can offer?
A good animated explainer video company can offer you various packages that meets your budget and expectations.
When looking for a reputable maker of an animated explainer video, be sure to consider all the points above to determine if they are the right fit for your business.
And if you’re ready to talk, drop us a message at the form below and let’s see if we’re the right match!