A 2016 survey by the Web Marketing Video Council found that 61% of businesses are using video as a marketing tool. You don’t want to get left behind unnoticed. Maximize your potential in engaging with your customers through video!
Here are some numbers and figures that you might also want to look at (as compiled by Cameron Uganec in his article, A Guide to Social Video, and Where It Fits in Your Marketing Plan):
• 72% of businesses who use video say it has increased website conversion rates
• 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 is projected to come from video
• YouTube receives over 4 million daily views
• Almost 1/3 of all people on the internet are YouTube users
• More than 50% of YouTube views come from mobile devices
• Facebook has 8 billion average daily video views from 500 million users
• Facebook sees 100 million hours of daily video watch time
• Periscope users watch 40 years’ worth of video every day
• Snapchat daily video views surpassed 8 billion in January 2016
Online marketing and social media marketing has been going on for years and it has always been dynamic. Communicating visually has now been one of the essential tools, and social video has proved to be an effective medium.
It’s really all about being social.